Namati offers special opportunities for members of the Global Legal Empowerment Network to strengthen their organizational programming and capacity. These events and engagements include trainings and regional conferences.
Regional Meetings and Workshops
Namati hosts a series of regional workshops and meetings throughout the year for members of the Global Legal Empowerment Network. These gatherings are designed to build members’ practical skills, enable face-to-face tools sharing, and generate stronger and more collaborative relationships among legal empowerment practitioners.
In 2013, Namati is pleased to announce the following regional meetings and workshops:
- Legal Empowerment Strategies for the Promotion of Social Accountability: Middle East and North Africa Regional Meeting, co-hosted with the United Nations Development Programme, the Justice Center for Legal Aid, and the Open Society Foundations. June 19-20th, 2013- Amman, Jordan.
Workshops for the year 2012 were as follows:
- South Asian Monitoring and Evaluation Practitioner’s Fair, co-hosted with BRAC, MARG, and the Open Society Justice Initiative. April 19-20, 2012- Dhaka, Bangladesh. For a summary of the Fair, including meeting documents, media, and outcomes please click here.
- African Regional Workshop for Community-Based Paralegals, co-hosted with Global Rights and the Open Society Justice Initiative. July 9-11, 2012- Kampala, Uganda.
- Latin American Regional Meeting on Legal Empowerment, co-hosted with ACIJ, ECOLEX, and the Open Society Justice Initiative, September 26-28, 2012- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Southeast Asia Regional Meeting on Legal Empowerment, co-hosted with the Open Society Justice Initiative, TIFA Foundation, and the Indonesia Legal Resource Center (ILRC), November 6-7, 2012- Jakarta, Indonesia